17th250thLogo Contest Winner Selected
14th Machiasport Business Directory- First Edition
24thPalm Sunday Breakfast at the First Congregational Church
31stSunrise Easter Services at Machiasport at local churches
4th 250th Celebration Brochures mailed to residents
6th New Town Sign installed at the Municipal Complex carved and designed by Jim Wells, installed by the Machiasport Fire Department
13th Free Corn Beef &/Cabbage Supper-First Congregational Church
18th 250th Committee Meets at 6 p.m.-Town Office, Town Website Launched, Town Signs & Bulletin Boards refurbished with new maps posted
22nd Historical Society First Meeting
May May is Community Clean-Up Month
Contact the Town Office for information.
3rd 50th Celebration of Fort O’Brien School 5 p.m.
4th Washington Academy Students Volunteers clean East Side beaches
10th Grand Opening of Penobscot Marine Museum Exhibit at Fort O’Brien School, 1 p.m. Introducing Kevin Johnson, Curator, Archivist
16th, 17thPenobscot Marine Exhibit 1-3 p.m..
18th Penobscot Museum Exhibit 1-6 p.m.
21st , 22nd , 23rdPenobscot Exhibit 1-p.m.
18th 250th Community Celebration Dinner, Lobster Buoy Showcase to be unveiled
20th Annual Meeting Historical Society June 11th Voting for Elected Town Officials
15th Machias 250th Parade 9:00 a.m.- Machiasport participates
17tth Monthly meeting Historical Society 19th Old Fashioned Children’s Games –UMM
21st Machias Fireworks Celebration
22nd Historical Society Appraisal Day at the Gates House 10-2:00 p.m.
24nd Annual Town Meeting- 6:00 p.m. at FOB July FOB Cannon reclaimed- TBA
13th 5 p.m. Bucks Harbor Baptist Church Music & Historical Presentation
27th 10-3pm Machiasport Day of Celebration & Open Houses
Historical Society, 344 Port Road
- 10-1pm Famous Box Lunches $10.
- 12-3pm Celebration Postage Stamp Cancellation- 250th Celebration Post Cards available.
- 2pm Boston Post Cane Presentation to Cora Proctor Quimby, Age 104
Hosted by members of the Machiasport Historical Society
- Federal period furniture from Washington County homes (1790-1830), 19th and century drake eider decoys.
Liberty Hall, located in the Village
- 10-3pm Float Entry, Vintage Chandelier, Art Exhibits Logo Contest Entries.
- 12pm Proclamation for the Return of Fort O’Brien Cannon Hosted by Ray Foster.
Department/Town Office, 8 Unity Square
- 10-3pm Volunteer Recruitment & Equipment Display-Fire Safety Information
- 11-3pm FREE Train “Lion” Rides for the Children
- 12 pm Dunk Tank- “Dunk a Selectmen, Legislator, Code Enforcement Officer.
- 12-3pm View the 250th Time Capsule made by Russell Wright.
Hosted by Machiasport Volunteer Fire Department.
Starboard School, located at Starboard
- 11-1pm Little Red School House classroom re-enactment. Actual desks, texts Delicious pies for sale to benefit the “new roof” fund. Hosted by the Starboard Community Club.
Captain Cates House, 309 Port Road
- 10-3pm Tours. Built in 1840s with ornate balustrade.
Hosted by Rick and Mary Bury.
Mic Mac Farm, Port Road
- 10-3pm Tours.
Hosted By the Dunn Family
Blue Lobster Gallery, 2 Pettegrow Point Road
- 10-3pm Fine Art and Reception.
Hosted by seascape artist, Jane Diggins Harnedy.
Congregational Church, located in the Village on the Hill
- 12-3pm yard sale, bake sale, Entertainment to benefit Steeple Fund.
Hosted by the Congregational Church of Machiasport.
August 3rd & 4th – Bucks Harbor Regatta/Port & Starboard Club of Bucks Harbor 7th 6:30 PM – A CONCERT OF SEA MUSIC featuring Chanteys, Ballards & Ditties from the Golden Age of Sail, performed by: “From Away Downeast” (America’s Easternmost Chantey Group) a family friendly event. Admission is FREE. Located at the Holmes Bay Church, 968 Cutler Road, Machiasport, ME (at the Machiasport/Whiting town line).
17th – Fireworks Celebration at dusk in Bucks Harbor.
24th – Historical Society Annual Lobster Lunch at the Gates House from 11 – 3 p.m. Fish Chowder, Lobster Dinners and Blueberry Cake. 250th Post Cards and Recycle Bags available.
26th – Machiasport Historical Society Monthly Meeting at Gates House monthly meeting, 7:00
September is Community Clean- Up Month
Contact the Town Office for more information
15th Machiasport Business Directory – Second Edition
Note: Recycle Grocery Bags are still available from the Town Office and Historical Society.
31st A “Haunting Halloween” Event- Treats for the children
Machiasport Veterans Honored at FOB School-TBA
21st Final Meeting of 250th Machiasport Celebration Committee/Appreciation Reception
Oldest Machiasport Veteran Recognized by 250th Committee
Christmas Fair at FOB-TBA
Bucks Harbor Tree Lighting at Debbie & Dave Nielsen’s House-TBA
8th Christmas Party at Historical Society 3:00- 5:00 p.m.
Time Capsule presented to Town
24th Christmas Eve Services at: Machiasport Congregational Church, Larrabee Baptist Church, and Bucks Harbor Baptist Church